Buy To Let and Bridging Finance
Welcome to the Buy To Let and Bridging Finance page, provided to you by H D Consultants, the WINNER and nominated Finalist of numerous different Buy To Let Mortgage Firm of the Year awards, over many years.
Our professional service has been provided for more than 25 years and our award-winning Brokers are hugely experienced, knowledgeable and qualified.
We provide a comprehensive and professional advice service giving you access to a variety of banks, building societies and specialist lenders whether you need BTL, HMO, commercial finance, bridging loans or a short term lending solution.
So, if you are a first time landlord, an investor with 3 or 4 properties, or even an experienced property portfolio owner, we hope you will have confidence in working with us knowing that we have a great pedigree already underpinning our knowledge and services.
We also understand that 'Buy To Let' is a commercial enterprise and you are buying an asset to own it in order to benefit from capital growth and income. It should be treated like a business; and it’s important to note that the lenders lend on that basis, ie that you are investing in an asset now for future wealth..
But how do you achieve a successful buy to let ('BTL') business?
What is the number 1 piece of advice?
To be educated in the pros, cons and ways of successful BTL management and work with experienced, qualified and professional advisers for tax, accounting, property managing, tenant relationships and – essentially – money management and mortgage strategies.
1. Research the property market and enter with caution – owning a portfolio of properties may sound glamorous but there are risks involved
2. Do your sums and ensure funds are available for a deposit, legal and lender fees, letting agent management costs, tenant finding fees, accountant and professional adviser fees
3. Research the current finance market for the best (best value and most flexible) mortgage, using a professional and experienced BTL Broker
4. Capital growth or rental yield? Plan your short and long term strategies
5. Network and share your experiences and gather resources – we recommend becoming a member of two of the UK's leading online property forums > www.Property118.com with c200,000 subscribed members and also www.PropertyTribes.com where ideas, best practice and many other hints and tips are also shared.
6. Regularly review your assets, expenses and income to keep your profit levels where you want them to be
Even for the most experienced property investor, securing an opportunity at short notice, or buying a property which would be unmortgageable until refurbishment has taken place, is often hindered via lack of fast funding options.
At H D Consultants, we have access to funders who will help facilitate such purchases.
Your property may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage.
Some of the products/services shown above are not or may not be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.