Is there a lender who allows you to buy a property for 80% of it's value, and then remortgage based on the market value, thereby taking back your initial investment, and leaving 20% equity on the property? (rhetorical question!) ... Yes., there is such a product on the market ..... 
 
All that is required to prove ownership and to refinance at 80% LTV, is that the applicant has the signed TR1 form on file. 
 
The lender is happy if the client's purchased the property for cash and are looking to repay themselves and further capital raise for any legal purpose - other than propping up a failing business and repaying gambling debts. 
 
If someone has purchased below market value and it was not a distressed sale, the lender does not have any concerns in using the OMV as they will of course instruct a valuation to confirm the figures. They may just ask for an explanation as part of underwriting. 
 
In summary; they do need the applicant to have the TR1 form on application, but it will be part of the conditions listed in the Offer. They do not instruct the valuation until the case has been fully underwritten, so the only fee payable by the applicant is the £149 application fee until the case has been reviewed. 
 
Other initial minimum criteria for any applicant is that they have at least 1 BTL for 1 year for loans greater than £100,000 and with values greater than £125,000 
 
For the professional property investor and BTL'er, this is a game changer!. 
 
To enquire, complete the form below. 
Share this post:

Tags

H D Consultants. Contact details here Live Chat webpage here Broker Log In / BrokerCentre here 
 
Head Office address; 109 Maldon Road, Colchester, Essex CO3 3AX (Administration Centre only) 
 
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage. 
 
We normally charge a Professional Client Fee for mortgage advice. The amount will depend on your circumstances. A typical fee would be £500. The actual Professional Fee may be more or less than this, and is subject to a full Fact Find discussion and research process. H D Consultants is a trading name of Howard Reuben who are an Appointed Representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading name of Personal Touch Financial Services Ltd. Personal Touch Financial Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Preston House, 163 High Street, Crowthorne, Berkshire, RG45 7AF. Registered in England & Wales. Company Registration Number 4952586. This site is for UK Consumers only. Website Terms and Conditions click here for our Privacy Policy. GDPR Privacy Policy - click here (PDF download / view) This site contains third party links. By clicking these links you will depart from the H D Consultants' regulated site. H D Consultants nor PRIMIS Mortgage Network is responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site. The Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate some of the services listed. H D Consultants, mortgage and life insurance advisers, is authorised by the FCA no 403701. Our in house Wills and Trusts Practice is a long standing Member of the Society of Will Writers and Estate Planning Practitioners.  
FP Ref: 1436009 / exp 25.08.2025 
Long established, recognised and national nominees and award winners for our professional mortgage services; 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings